4/30/11

Gardening Events & More May 2011



I’m paring down my events list, so I hope you enjoy the weather and some of the highlights that I want to share with you.



As always, I want to remind you to shop local, and get the freshest produce around by heading out to the local Farmer’s Markets in Santa Clarita:

Sundays 8:00am – noon
College of The Canyons Parking Lot
Don’t forget to visit my friend Sarah from Worldwide Exotics

There is also another great Farmer’s Market:
Thursdays in Old Town Newhall from 3-7pm



April 30 & May 1, 2011 (noon – 4pm each day) - This weekend is Rose Days at Otto & Sons – I went last year and it was awesome! They have great speakers, roses on sale, and… it is a beautiful drive our to Fillmore on a lovely weekend day! Take a look at my last years blog post.

May 1, 2011 - The Memorial Garden Tour is this Sunday. You can pick up a program at Green Thumb and any number of other locations around tour… The Community Gardens of Santa Clarita is a stop on the tour as is our Council President’s house!



Next weekend--- Worldwide Exotics is having their plant sale... I'll update this once I chat with them... misplaced my email invite.

May 9, 2011 at 5 pm - Opening Day at the Community Gardens of Santa Clarita. Come celebrate with us as we have our official opening! Refreshments, dignitaries… the works!



May 14, 2011 10 am The Harmonious Home Team in action! Elaine Giftos Wright and I will be speaking at the High Desert Garden Club on Feng Shui in the Garden. The meeting is at the Acton Library.

Descanso Gardens:
They have so much going on so here is a link to the May Calendar. Personal fav highlights:
May 7, & 28, 2011 – Iris Walk & Talk at 11 am – I LOVE Iris!
May 14, 2011 – Clematis Walk & Talk at 11 am & Cali Native Plant uses at 1pm
Don’t forget to check out the dates of Lili Singer’s Garden Chats!

LA Arboretum
Another place that has so much to do here is a link to their events. Here are some of my choices for the month:

May 7 & 8, 2011 – Mother’s Day Geranium Show (hint hint children of gardeners…) 9am – 4pm each day.

May 14 – 15, 2011 – Epiphyllum Show & Sale – Epiphyllum are in the cactus family and native to Central America – the name means upon the leaf because the flower grows there. Here is a link to some more detailed info about them.
May 28 – 29, 2011 – Santa Anita Bonsai Show & Sale

I hope you find a few things to do this month, enjoy!

For more about my designs check out my website.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP